SassyScraps
Orange Bird

about time I did it

Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:22 am

Hi - I thought, since I will be hosting a challenge or two, I should get around to introducing myself properly. I live in Australia at beautiful Nelson Bay, Port Stephens and a lot of my layouts are inspired by the beauty of where I live. I proudly CT for NutkinTailz Designs and will be hosting the challenges on her behalf. I am a scrapaholic, readaholic, quaotaholic who occasionally gets time to do some housework (but only if the internet is not working). Working from home as a Medical Transcriptionist allows me the flexibility to pursue these interests but my favourite times are spent walking on the beach or spending time with the local fauna (which also inspire a lot of my layouts).

tailz61
ScrapBird Designer

Re: about time I did it

Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:02 pm

well hello there Karyn, I'm actually not sure if I've even introduced myself...I'm sure I have but if I haven't :wave: I'm Lesley from NutkinTailz Designs, I too live in Australia but in the middle section towards the bottom in South Australia, we're the in the hot and dry part of the country.

Tbear
Digital Elite Team Artist

Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:17 pm

:wave: :wave: Hi back at ya!
Lovely that you re-introduced yourselves here. We may not have many active members but we do get a lot of visitors.

Yes, I noticed how awe-inspiring your layouts are, Karyn by the scenery around your area. I bet it's beautiful to live there. :love2:

While the two of you are enjoying summer, a lot of us here are shivering in our skivvies.
Lots of flash flooding across the country last week.

Our new roof (only 18 months old) sprung a leak on Friday. :disagree:
The foot of snow we had at the beginning of last week melted in less than 24 hours and it was accompanied by high winds.
Luckily we got the roof fixed on Saturday.

Today...the lawn is pure white. No snow...frost.

Note to self: crank up the electric blanket another notch :lol:

sanra
Gold Bird

Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:30 am

Hi Sassy Scraps and Lesley..... Glad to meet you.. Think I met you before and thanks for the challenge... :wave: :wave:

The news said we are getting a big wind and rain storm the next few days. They say the ski areas are going to be dumped on and thinking of closing some of them because of avalanches. :wave: :wave: :wave:

kotare
ScrapBird Moderator

Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:03 am

Nice to meet you properly SassyScraps. I'm looking forward to seeing your challenges.

SassyScraps
Orange Bird

Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:20 am

Tbear wrote::wave: :wave: Hi back at ya!
Lovely that you re-introduced yourselves here. We may not have many active members but we do get a lot of visitors.

Yes, I noticed how awe-inspiring your layouts are, Karyn by the scenery around your area. I bet it's beautiful to live there. :love2:

While the two of you are enjoying summer, a lot of us here are shivering in our skivvies.
Lots of flash flooding across the country last week.

Our new roof (only 18 months old) sprung a leak on Friday. :disagree:
The foot of snow we had at the beginning of last week melted in less than 24 hours and it was accompanied by high winds.
Luckily we got the roof fixed on Saturday.

Today...the lawn is pure white. No snow...frost.

Note to self: crank up the electric blanket another notch :lol:

we are hitting about 42 degrees here today, which in your part of the world would be 107.6 so right about now I could cope very well with some snow but not the leaking roof!!!

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”