PastorLynne
White Bird

Question about usage

Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:18 pm

Hi,
I have a group where I design Banners and Profiles for Facebook for free. Am I allowed to use your products?
Thank you,
Lynne Pinero

Lora
ScrapBird Designer

Re: Question about usage

Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:38 am

Not unless you have purchased a commercial use license from the designer who's work you are using.
I do not allow commercial use with mine at all.

Some designers may have a CU agreement in their TOU. Most do not allow CU, though. :)

PastorLynne
White Bird

Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:25 pm

Thank you for your reply. I just want to make sure I understand CU means commercial use and it will say that on the kit and that is ok to use? What about S4H is that usable? Also, where do I receive information about purchasing CU licenses from the designers?

Thanks,
Lynne :wave:

Lora
ScrapBird Designer

Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:36 pm

Hi Lyn,
You have to read the TOU Terms Of Use that comes with the kits.
Each designer allows different things. Some consider S4H S4O as ok in PU, Some do not and they consider it Commercial Use.

Usually the TOU has an email address that you can use to get a hold of the designer :)

And just beware, the kits that are made of photographed items, if the photograph of one (or more) of the elements is a copyrighted item, (such as Crayola Crayons or someone's sculpture or a Ferrari) you can be sued for using it.
Just because the "Designer" cut out a picture of it and put it in their kit, and hasn't gotten caught yet, does not mean it is legal.

Return to “About ScrapBird - our scrappy home on the web”