Tbear
Digital Elite Team Artist

Re: New Forum Design Comments

Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:20 am

EverythingErica wrote:I'm sorry I haven't popped in before now but I have been so busy!!! We're in the process of selling our house, what a major that has been so far! I'll let you into a little secret, I've been a bit of a hoarder in the past soooo I've been decluttering the house getting ready for the inevitable open homes and auction. We are really happy about this move, we decided to go into a retirement village and we've found the cutest Villa. Photos to come in due course. We hope to be in there around mid to late June after the sale of our current home. This decision to move happened so quickly and we're pushing it along to happen before our cruise at the end of July. I'll pop in when I can but I do intend to get back into scrapping.

Best of luck with the move, the Villa and of course, enjoy the cruise!

And I really like that part..."I do intend to get back into scrapping" :yahoo:

Carla

Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:59 am

Hi all! I am finding the new look a little hard to get use to. it took me forever to figure out where to find the PM's and I'm not sure at this moment if I could get back to it again! I'm sure i will figure it all out though...I just like the convenience of having everything right in front of me. :)

I had to start a new blog since i cannot access my old one anymore.(stupid internet provider) but I am very happy with the one that I have now and I actually USE it! There is something that I posted today that I want you old DSPers to see. check it out. www dot carlastreasures dot com

Tbear

Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:02 pm

Hi Carla!! So WONDERFUL to see you here!!

I signed up for your Blog. Those Now and Then layouts are fantastic. And honestly, you were a divine scrapper THEN AND NOW :yes:

Yes, the new forum design takes a bit of exploring to find everything but Marzena assures us that everything is still there.
The PM button is at the top right...just left of your avatar. When it has a number in it, you have mail!

The button just left of the PM button is the Notification button. It will tell you if someone has replied to a forum that you posted on.

The gallery is getting a new look too! :bravo: We all are looking forward to that!

P.S. PLEASE don't be a stranger. WE MISS YOU!!
And remember that CSI does not require that you use current designer products. We would LOVE to see you there!

just-pjz
Blue Bird

Wed May 06, 2015 2:03 am

ack! I missed Erica and Carla??!?!!??!? :o

Come back!!!!!!

Carla

Sat May 09, 2015 1:56 am

Well, I am back! Actually, i have been around, I just don't post much. TBear and I have been Private Messaging each other and I am having a terrible time. I do not use my iphone to access the boards, I do everything scrapbook from my PC at home. I have to say that I do not like the private messaging now. It is totally not PC friendly and I have to export a message to a word document to even be able to read it. That just isn't working for me. I still haven't figured out how to actually reply to a message yet either. Of course, I don't get that many of them anyway, but I am wondering how that is going to work if I get one with a download link. :(

Tbear

Sat May 09, 2015 2:59 am

Carla, I am so sorry that you are having difficulties using the new forum.
I am using Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 11 on my computer and can use the forum without any problems.
It could be that whatever operating system and/or Internet browser you are currently using is not compatible. (??)

Here is a short tutorial How To Post or Reply to a Personal Message:
1. Click the Control Panel Icon to begin:
PM-icon.jpg
PM-icon.jpg (12.76 KiB) Viewed 422 times

2. Click New PM button to enter the PM message center:
New-Message-Button.jpg
New-Message-Button.jpg (4.89 KiB) Viewed 422 times

3. Type the recipient's name then click the Add button:
Recipient.jpg
Recipient.jpg (18.16 KiB) Viewed 422 times

4. Type your subject. This is required and message cannot be posted without a subject.
Subject-line.jpg
Subject-line.jpg (32.28 KiB) Viewed 422 times

5. Type your message and then click the Submit button

To reply to a PM, you can do either of two things:
1. Click the
Send-Reply-button.jpg
Send-Reply-button.jpg (6.23 KiB) Viewed 422 times

Or if you want to add the sender's message to your reply, click the Quote Message Icon:
Quote-icon.jpg
Quote-icon.jpg (6.31 KiB) Viewed 422 times

Carla

Sat May 09, 2015 4:11 am

I am using Firefox and Windows 7 Professional. I do not have a reply button. I cannot even open the private messages!

I just figured out that the only way I can view any of your messages and reply to them is to go through my user control panel and click on manage notifications.

Tbear

Sat May 09, 2015 3:28 pm

Carla wrote:I am using Firefox and Windows 7 Professional. I do not have a reply button. I cannot even open the private messages!

I just figured out that the only way I can view any of your messages and reply to them is to go through my user control panel and click on manage notifications.

Sure wish I knew more about computer operating systems and Internet browsers.

So, let's ask this question to the Scrapbird members:

Does anyone else use Firefox and Windows 7 Professional?
If so, are you having difficulties with the new forum format?

Mamrotka
ScrapBird Designer

Mon May 11, 2015 3:55 pm

Tbear wrote:
Carla wrote:I am using Firefox and Windows 7 Professional. I do not have a reply button. I cannot even open the private messages!

Sure wish I knew more about computer operating systems and Internet browsers.

So, let's ask this question to the Scrapbird members:

Does anyone else use Firefox and Windows 7 Professional?
If so, are you having difficulties with the new forum format?

I use this windows and Firefox.
Carla please made a printscreen and paste it on forum.
I do not know exactly what you do not see ...

Carla

Tue May 12, 2015 1:58 am

Believe it or not, i have never used print screen and really do not know how. It's not that important.

Return to “About ScrapBird - our scrappy home on the web”