ArtTeacher
White Bird

About your avatar?

Mon May 25, 2015 4:35 pm

Just wondering how you all choose your avatars? Mine is a special photo. It is actually a photo of me, circa 1969, wearing a red, Christmas dress that was passed from my cousin to me (and then to all the other little girl cousins). The photo was, of course, taken on film back then, and my busy parents (my brother was born Sept. 1969) never got the film developed. My husband and I moved into the house where my parents first lived when they had us (it was owned by my grandparents), and I found the film hidden in the back of a drawer in the kitchen. No idea what was on it, so I took it to see if it could be developed. There were only 6 pictures taken on it and 3 were of me in this red dress! Not very good quality, 21 years later, though. lol

So, tell me about your avatar?
Laura
Image Image

Tbear
Digital Elite Team Artist

Re: About your avatar?

Mon May 25, 2015 5:13 pm

Your avatar is so sweet and what a marvelous story about how you came across it!
I think you did a tremendous job of returning the photo to its original quality! So many photos from film lose their color or worse yet...have an awful color cast to them.

My avatars? I used to search for something with a teddy bear. Now I reconstruct my own from old bear graphics in my stash. I give them the furry look and add whatever facial expressions seem appropriate.

Not to worry...everyone here has gotten used to me...nutty as loon...and living on a planet unknown to the universe. :yes:

Mamrotka
ScrapBird Designer

Tue May 26, 2015 11:55 am

ArtTeacher your avatar is fantastic! Beautiful dress :)

My it's not special ... once I sat in a sandbox with my daughter (Milena - which ends on July 31 - 3 years old, I have two older sons). She play in the sand and I was bored ...
First, I read half the book - it bored me too.
Then I took the phone in my hand and out of boredom I started taking pictures myself :) :lol2:

sanra
Gold Bird

Tue May 26, 2015 4:25 pm

Tbear wrote:Not to worry...everyone here has gotten used to me...nutty as loon...and living on a planet unknown to the universe. :yes:

Tbear, I couldn't have said it any better. :wave: :D

I usually change my avatar for different seasons and holidays. Also, like to use my g-grandkids.. I need to go find a young one of me with a pretty dress on. :yes:

Mamrotka
ScrapBird Designer

Wed May 27, 2015 11:12 am

sanra wrote:
Tbear wrote:Not to worry...everyone here has gotten used to me...nutty as loon...and living on a planet unknown to the universe. :yes:

Tbear, I couldn't have said it any better. :wave: :D

I usually change my avatar for different seasons and holidays. Also, like to use my g-grandkids.. I need to go find a young one of me with a pretty dress on. :yes:

Thank you sanra, that you took part in my Signature challenge :love2: :love2:
You get a surprise from me - my new kit "Apple Pie 1"

Check your private messages - there waiting coupon for you!
Congratulations!

Tbear

Wed May 27, 2015 1:34 pm

Congrats to Sanra!! :bravo:

And sis...save me some of that apple pie :lol:

sanra
Gold Bird

Wed May 27, 2015 10:27 pm

Wowers.... Thanks Mamrotka .... :yahoo:

Will send you a piece of pie Tbear.. Every time I cook something I set the smoke alarm off but going to try the pie, :rotfl:

Cath
Orange Bird

Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:59 pm

i found a clip of a pot holder i have from first married. Love looking at it. Looks better then real one that is 40 years old
Cath

Tbear

Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:31 pm

Cath wrote:i found a clip of a pot holder i have from first married. Love looking at it. Looks better then real one that is 40 years old

I looked a whole lot better 40 years ago too. :lol:

OliviaDunaway
ScrapBird Designer

Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:56 pm

I think my avatar is me 40 years ago! :D

__________*SHOP * PINTEREST * TWITTER * GOOGLE+ * FACEBOOK*__________

Return to “General Chatter”