DSD Tutorial: Turn Your Photo Into A Magazine Cover Day 4 FINAL DAY
Every magazine now has a barcode.
If you have one in your stash, GREAT!
If you need to make one, here's what to do:
1. Start with a 5 x 3 white 300 resolution rectangular file. (It will be too big, but better to make one that can be used for future projects)
2. Add a new layer. Name it Lines
3. Make sure black is the foreground color.
4. With a small, hard brush, begin your line at the top.
While holding down your Shift key, draw a straight line all the way down.
Don't worry that the lines you draw are across the entire length of the page, we'll fix it later.
5. Vary the brush size and continue to draw straight lines. (Remember to hold the Shift key down to keep the lines straight)
Here's what mine looks like so far:
6. When you are finished drawing the straight lines, get your rectangular marquee from the tool box.
7. Place your cursor around the portion of the bar code you want.
8. CTL J to copy it to a new layer. Name it Barcode
9. Turn off the Lines layer.
10. Move the Barcode layer to where you want it, leaving some space for the numbers we need to add under it.
11. Add a new layer. Name it Numbers
12. Get your text tool and with Times New Roman font, type some numbers under the barcode lines.
13. Save your layered file.
14. When you are satisfied with your barcode image, flatten it and drag it to your magazine cover.
15. Turn the barcode layer into a Smart Object then resize it and place it where you want it.
There you have it! Your awesome magazine cover!
Here is my final magazine cover. I used some of Elizabeth's kit elements to decorate mine.Baby Magazine
Upload it to your gallery and post a copy here. Add the Keywords New To Me
and post a copy in that thread if you want the posting bonus.
For this month only, you do not have to use any kit to qualify for the posting bonus.
Wait for the call from Vogue or Time magazine for the job offer!