For the July New to Me, we will learn how to apply text to a simple path.
To give you an idea what this tutorial is about, here is my finished product:
Here's what to do:
1. Open a 12x12, 300 resolution new document or begin with a background paper from your stash.
2. Choose an element from your stash and place it in the center of the paper. I used Marzena's Christmas in July Progressive mini kit that she generously gave us last year.
3. Choose the Ellipse Tool from the tool bar.
4. Choose the Paths option from the menu options.
5. Draw a circle (or oblong circle) around the element.
6. Choose the Horizontal Type tool
7. Hover over the circle you drew until the Text on a Path icon appears.
8. Type your message and watch it go around the path.
9. Make any needed adjustments to the font, size, etc to make the text the way you want it. (I used Adobe Garamond)
Let's try another shape.
10. Choose the Rounded Rectangle Tool from the tool bar.
11. Make sure the Paths option is selected as in step #4.
12. Draw a rounded rectangle.
13. Repeat steps 8 and 9
Photoshop is not the best software for text, but it does a wonderful job for simple paths like these.
Please post your creation in this forum and let us give it some love!