This year March heralds the count down to Easter. So let's create some egg designs to have ready for layouts, ecards, bookmarks, etc.
First you will need to start with an egg. You can use one from your stash or click on this link to download one that I created for you.Dropbox egg
The egg must be on an independent layer with no background.
1. Color the egg any way you choose. We learned a bit about how to color in previous tutorials.
Use any method you like, I used the Hue/Saturation adjustment layer.
2. Here's what my egg looks like at this stage:
3. Create a new layer above the egg layer and with your rectangular marquee, draw a thin rectangle across and beyond the egg
and fill it with white as shown:
4. Duplicate the thin line layer. Move the second line slightly above the first line.
5. Duplicate the line layer again and move the third line slight above the second line.
6. Your egg should look something like this:
7. Merge the three line layer into one layer. Do NOT merge with the egg layer.
8. Duplicate the three line layer. Move one of the three line layers to the bottom of the egg.
9. Active either three line layer and choose Layer/Smart Objects/Convert to Smart Objects
10. Then choose Filter/Distort/Wave
11. Use these settings:
12. Your egg lines should look similar to this:
13. Clip your wavy lines to the egg:
14. Repeat steps 9 through 13 with the second three line layer.
15. Add a photo or element or type or whatever you desire to the middle of your egg.
16. Create a new layer under the egg layer and add a pretty gradient.
Here are my two decorated eggs:
Please post your egg-traordinary images to this forum so we can show it some love!