Elizabeth
ScrapBird Designer

Dancing With Letters - August - Y

Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:20 am

1. This month's letter is Y.

This CAN be the first letter for any scrapbooking kits that you have in your stash, OR, it CAN be the first letter of the main word or Title of your Layout. For example, this month you could choose to scrap a page with the title 'Never Enough Yarn'. It could also be called "You Are", "Yakety Sax", "Yummy Treats" or any other title you choose starting with Y. The title must be on the layout in some form - via word art, alphasets, or as a header for your Journaling. Mine this month was created using my new kit A Stitch In Time. I don't sew, knit, or crochet - but I still had something to scrap with this versatile kit.

2. Create a LO – you can use Quick Clicks (layout templates).
MUST be a NEW LO this month.

3. You may use more than one kit. They do not all have to start with the featured letter.

4. Post your LO to Dancing with letters gallery (if not doing double duty) and in this thread :)

5. Double duty is OK.

6. I have a bonus for anyone who uses A Stitch In Time for their layout by August 31. It is NOT required - feel free to use any product you like - but I have a little bonus for those who do use my featured kit or kits - see that below.

*** Part two – Scrap Lift A Layout: optional ***

Create a second page using the same kit/s that you used to create your layout in part one, OR with another title starting with the same letter as in part one, but this time you have to choose someone else's layout to scrap lift. Again, any product(s) are your choice. I love seeing the scraplifts and the original pages you lifted, so thanks for linking and crediting those in the thread too!

http://scrapbird.com/designers-c-73/d-j ... 18164.html
EMC_VC_AStitchInTime.jpg
EMC_VC_AStitchInTime.jpg (411.34 KiB) Viewed 297 times

And here is the bonus for those who use the featured kit:
EMC_W_AStitchInTime.jpg
EMC_W_AStitchInTime.jpg (582.67 KiB) Viewed 297 times

Here is my layout!
yarnhairdolls600.jpg
yarnhairdolls600.jpg (177.72 KiB) Viewed 290 times

kotare
ScrapBird Moderator

Re: Dancing With Letters - August - Y

Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:27 am

Excellent! I just spotted that kit in store and put it straight on my wishlist. Now you've provided just the excuse to buy it. ;)

Elizabeth
ScrapBird Designer

Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:38 am

Gosh Julia - your response was so quick I hadn't even posted my layout yet! lol - adding that now.

Tbear
Digital Elite Team Artist

Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:53 pm

:like: :like: In my cart NOW!

Tbear

Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:28 pm

Got the kit AND got an idea! :yahoo:

Working on it today :)

Tbear

Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:23 pm

Your 7th Birthday

Photo is of my DGD. The dolls in the background are mine (Not a shocker, huh?)
I really did panic when she told me she wasn't interested in dolls anymore.
I just spent six weeks designing and sewing a huge box of doll clothes and
writing a picture book to go with it.

It was going to be a surprise. Only hubby knew what I had planned.

Don't know what changed her mind, but when she opened the box, she loved every outfit.

Elizabeth
ScrapBird Designer

Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:19 pm

I would have panicked too! A picture book as well? You did go to a lot of trouble! I'm so glad your gifts were received with excitement!

Oh and I have a doll collection too, Tbear! I can't afford to buy them anymore, nor do I have room to display them, but I haven't yet decided to get rid of any. My particular fascination is Mattel. I have over 200 Barbie (and family/friends) dolls, Timey Tell, Hello Dottie, Baby Go Bye Bye (I think that's the name; she has a car and I'm rusty on the names), another one with a tricycle and horse and I can't remember the name of that one either. Those all 'do' something and need batteries. I also have an 8" Buffy and Mrs. Beasley (as well as a Skipper sized Buffy without Mrs. Beasley) I have others but only some of the Barbies are not packed up right now, so I don't remember! Oh - I have some Liddle Kiddles; those are Mattel too.
The one with the tricycle and horse to ride I did a layout on one time. Oh - her name is Tippee Toes. Anyway, I had one when I was little, and of course it got lost/thrown away/sold at garage sale/whatever. I bought the one I currently have at a doll museum for $50 back in the 90s. It's mint in the box. It has an original price sticker on the box - $24.95 - crossed out and marked down to $12.95. That threw up a red flag for me - neither of those prices sounded right for a doll back when I got it! I can't imagine my parents spending that much on one doll for one of three kids - and I was about three, so I wouldn't have taken care of it - in the late 1960s!

smikeel
Location: 200 miles away, in any direction, from a large city.

Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:29 am

Here is my page for part 1. This is also for Janet's August 2016 Template Challenge.

I made this doll, many moons ago, out of scrap material I had.

Yesteryear Doll
I used the Marvelous Free Template by Janet (Thank You Janet!), A Stitch In Time, and Abso-blooming-lutely Kit both by Elizabeth's Market Cross.

Tbear

Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:36 pm

Elizabeth wrote:I would have panicked too! A picture book as well? You did go to a lot of trouble! I'm so glad your gifts were received with excitement!

Oh and I have a doll collection too, Tbear! I can't afford to buy them anymore, nor do I have room to display them, but I haven't yet decided to get rid of any. My particular fascination is Mattel. I have over 200 Barbie (and family/friends) dolls, Timey Tell, Hello Dottie, Baby Go Bye Bye (I think that's the name; she has a car and I'm rusty on the names), another one with a tricycle and horse and I can't remember the name of that one either. Those all 'do' something and need batteries. I also have an 8" Buffy and Mrs. Beasley (as well as a Skipper sized Buffy without Mrs. Beasley) I have others but only some of the Barbies are not packed up right now, so I don't remember! Oh - I have some Liddle Kiddles; those are Mattel too.
The one with the tricycle and horse to ride I did a layout on one time. Oh - her name is Tippee Toes. Anyway, I had one when I was little, and of course it got lost/thrown away/sold at garage sale/whatever. I bought the one I currently have at a doll museum for $50 back in the 90s. It's mint in the box. It has an original price sticker on the box - $24.95 - crossed out and marked down to $12.95. That threw up a red flag for me - neither of those prices sounded right for a doll back when I got it! I can't imagine my parents spending that much on one doll for one of three kids - and I was about three, so I wouldn't have taken care of it - in the late 1960s!

What an amazing collection. I bet some of those dolls would bring a nice price now. A few years ago, I was on Ebay and that Mrs. Beasley doll was selling for BIG BUCKS.

If only we knew in advance which doll or toy would later become a big ticket item.
I cringe when I think of all my son's Star War toys we threw away or gave to Goodwill. :(

smikeel
Location: 200 miles away, in any direction, from a large city.

Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:08 pm

Return to “Dancing With Letters”